||8 years ago|
|.settings||8 years ago|
|build||8 years ago|
|doc||8 years ago|
|res||8 years ago|
|src/mightypork/rogue||8 years ago|
|.classpath||8 years ago|
|.gitignore||8 years ago|
|.project||8 years ago|
|LICENSE.txt||8 years ago|
|Makefile||8 years ago|
|README.md||8 years ago|
Rogue - Savage Rats
Read the MANUAL if you want to play the game.
NOTE: Master has experimental code
The Master branch holds Rogue based on the new GameCore implementation (see "dependencies" below for link).
The latest stable version is in the branch
v5stable. That branch is stable, debugged and has no dependencies. It's a standalone Eclipse project.
You can use
v5stable to see the original source and try to build it, but further development of that branch is stopped. The master means the future.
If you intend to build it from source, you will need those Eclipse projects in your workspace:
- MightyPork/gamecore - The "GameCore" game engine
- MightyPork/gamecore-lwjgl - LWJGL backend for GameCore
- MightyPork/mightyutils - Game utils
The following is the original readme, applicable to
- Simple retro-themed dungeon crawler
- Full OOP design
- Event driven
- OpenGL 2D rendering
- Screen / layer based graphics with Constraint System
- A* path-finding system
- Audio, Font & Texture systems
- Easily extensible base framework
- Real-time action
- Monsters with AI
- Collectable items (weapons, food)
- Random floor generator
- LWJGL (OpenGL & OpenAL support)
- SlickUtil (texture loader, audio system)
BUILDING FROM SOURCE
- Export a jar with the compiled sources and /res into
maketo create a stand-alone executable jar in
make runto execute it
The game is controlled by mouse and keyboard.
See the manual (link at the top) for more detailed info.